Tuesday, June 5, 2012

MOVING DAY 2


                                          Out Of HotForex

All monies are now out of HotForex and the PAMM has been dissolved. Our new PAMM is open for biz, and those who are new to the website can email me at vegasxau@ymail.com for more details. It takes a couple of days via wire, to receive funds and then get them wired out again, to finally get monies into our new PAMM at Forex FS.

As I stated on my other post, I had to change my twitter account because of technical problems; now I know why they call it Twitter – all the “twits” who work there. So, if you would like to follow my thoughts throughout the trading day, including closed trades of the PAMM, simply follow “@vegastrades” [minus the quotation marks of course].

What got me so upset last Friday was the way our PAMM account got treated by HotForex. Not only did the trading platform malfunction and the feed dropped repeatedly throughout the entire trading day, but four separate times – count ‘em – 4!!! – I tried to buy gold and got a “server busy try order again later” message in my order box. Of course, this is on a day that saw gold go up $80+, the largest daily gain since 2009.

You think maybe I was a little heated?

Forget slippage, I couldn’t even get into the system! Repeated attempts to get into chat were ignored by their system. Now, I did get off 2 small trades in the currency pairs, but both were met with 30 second + delays in fills. The first order in EURUSD got filled 8 pips away from where I wanted and expected a fill.

It is not my desire to down grade HotForex; they do a good enough job on their own to do that and need no help from me. But I will say this: anybody who trades at HotForex today, with their execution problems and slippage issues, is NUTS!

If we hadn’t been asked to leave, I would have switched out anyway. Over the last 4 months they have repeatedly lied to me about upgrades, new liquidity providers, and reduced spreads. Not much else to say except I would definitely not trade there any longer.

So, water under the bridge now, and no need to revisit HotForex again.

I will start commenting on action in the market tomorrow. Until then, have a good day everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment