Friday, February 24, 2012

NEW OPPORTUNITIES



                           We Just Invite Ourselves When Needed


What can you say about gold?

“Honey, what was your last girlfriend like?” Yea, it’s like that.

I didn’t trade gold today. Going forward, until the market goes back to more normal conditions, I will be looking for picking more intermediate long positions on selected algorithm signals where we can then make “free trades”.

I did make a good crude oil trade today, on the signals, but screwed up when I went to adjust the stop. Here’s what happened.

I got long on a buy signal at 108.26 with an initial stop at 107.93. About 20 minutes later the market moved above 108.30 [bid] and I wanted to then adjust my initial stop. My MT4 platform liquidation box was on my screen, so I needed to minimize it up in the right hand corner so I could then bring up the box to replace my stop. So, I depressed my mouse and “moved it across my screen to minimize”.

“Hey vegas, thanks for moving your depressed mouse over the “liquidation of position” area and setting off closing of the position at 108.31. We’re on our way to 110 and thank you for letting us out; by the way, would you like a cookie?”

“Errr no thanks, but a very dull knife for my carotid artery on my neck might be appropriate.”

I’m officially blaming my injured right hand; after all I can’t just be a klutz can I?

As I hinted yesterday, on Sunday I will be posting a special segment on crude oil and how to trade it. Even if you have never traded crude before, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how good of a market it can be for trading. It offers all the advantages of gold [when it is active and normal] plus some gold doesn’t have.

So, come on back Sunday night sometime and read all about it; you will be glad you did.

Have a good weekend everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment