Thursday, May 24, 2012

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?


                                                Oyyyyyyy !!

Today we saw trading in EURUSD and AUDUSD that very few will ever see; [near] triple reversal days. I can’t remember 5 times I have ever seen this in 30+ years of trading currency pairs. Wow. Seriously, WOW!

We made a little money today trading EURUSD, where the algorithm did a good job of picking entry points. If price had gone another 6 pips on the high, we would have gotten a great short position, but it missed by only that much.

Gold is a complete mess; there is no way I’m trading it in its present market condition. There simply is no way to gauge risk in a position. $3 - $5 stops are a joke; you would be lucky to get your stop in before it went $3 - $5 either way, that’s how random price change has become. $10 breaks/rallies don’t mean anything. Throw into the equation dealer spreads and slippage and there is no way. Sure, you can get lucky, but your losses will be killer to your account.

The algorithm, after some very recent revisions and updates, is performing very well in the currency pairs. I have intentionally been using low leverage in the past couple of days to trade given current market conditions to verify the recent changes as profitable; simple as that. I don’t optimize data and turning points when updating the algorithm; I care about now, not 5 years ago. I make changes based on theoretical and philosophical trading ideas and then incorporate them into the algorithm.

Leverage is ample and risk can be optimally controlled with the changes I have made. So, look for my leverage [and profits] to increase in EURUSD and AUDUSD as we go forward here.

As I mentioned yesterday, if you are a current PAMM client or interested in being in the new PAMM at our new brokerage house, contact me for details on how to make the transition. If you have any questions email me at vegasxau@ymail.com

Have a good day everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment