Thursday, May 17, 2012

I WANT TO SCREAM


                                         I Might Just Do It

Go ahead, ask me how mad I am?

“How mad are you?”

“Don’t ask.”

There are days in this business that frustrate you so badly you want to permanently work in a feedlot picking up cow chips.

I went to buy gold in the 1550’s, and lo and behold what do I find? “Sorry, order invalid.”

They did it again to us – as if the prior two times wasn’t enough – they shut our access to the servers for trading. I don't know if it was a human that did it, or it was computer generated because we are US based and it shut the access; but I've been told on 2 prior occassions that it was fixed and there would not be a problem going forward. Try cashing that check at the bank. OK, they finally got it corrected – yea, like 50 minutes later when gold was then in the 1570’s. I so can’t wait to get rid of HotForex and get to a platform that is reliable and trustworthy.

So, if you were wondering why there were no trades today, you now know why; just your average $41 range, in which over half of it came in 15 minutes and we were shut down. Go ahead, ask me how mad I am?

On the bright side [if there is one], both AUD and EUR were locked into the currency version of the “Flying Wedge of Death” and I didn’t get involved in either of them. Maybe I could have made a couple of pips, but really it’s a coin flip to whether or not I would have profited. When gold flew out of the box, the currency pairs rallied but quickly lost that gain when gold backed off even by a slight amount.

Both pairs went back and forth from the highs back to the lows; no breakout, just some chop. So, lack of access to the platform was no big deal for the currency trade.

It takes a lot to really get me angry, and I understand the issues that plague this industry; but this borders on complete incompetence, and it isn’t something I suffer very easily. But since we are on are way out the door, nobody there really gives a hoot.

I got to go run 10 miles.

Have a good day everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment