Thursday, March 1, 2012

MICRO SECOND TRADING



                            The World Can Be Crazy Sometimes


 “Oyyyyyyy”.

Somehow, someway, they almost always get the range in.

Play the range and be careful of reversal days.

I started the day in Asia trying to position trade a very small short position in gold. Of course, after a $100+ / oz. drop, I should have known from the bottom we were going to get a straight $40/ oz. rally. What was I thinkin’?

Meanwhile in crude.

Don’t look for me to be able to “explain” the action in crude oil. I refer, of course, not to the 22 hours it was open, but what happened from 2 PM to about 2:40 PM. Crude did almost nothing but rally 4, break 3, all night and day long. Then at 2 PM [Chicago time], in 23 minutes we double the range from 200 to 400 with a 200 tick rally; followed by a 100 tick break in 6 minutes; followed by a 50 tick rally in 17 minutes; and then the obligatory account destruction move of 90 ticks down in 2 minutes. And you wonder why I said in the manual not to initiate new positions after 2 PM?

But wait, it’s not finished just yet. We got another drop of 50 ticks in 1 minute at 2:58 PM just to put some icing on the cake.

“Ok, now that we killed your account, let’s go home!”

For most of the day I was bullish, but found it extremely difficult getting in at a decent price. As I said, it was “a new high by 5 ticks, and then a vicious break of 30 ticks” all day long. The market would correct, and then in a literal blink of your eyes, it was up 30 or 40 ticks. Well, now what?

Welcome to micro second trading.

Although I made money in crude today, it wasn’t enough to cover what I lost trying to position trade a short gold position. So, I lost a couple hundred bucks today. I’ll be at it again starting tonight.

Have a good day everyone.

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment