Friday, January 27, 2012

MAMA SAID THERE WOULD BE DAYS LIKE THIS



                                              She Warned Me

Where do I start?

At 2:47 AM [Chicago time] my internet service went out. Ok, I thought, it’ll be back up in a sec. Wrong; it took until 6:50 AM before service was back on and normal.

At the time, the market was drifting and not much of anything was happening. When I got back online, I couldn’t get into the master PAMM account. “Permissions error” wouldn’t let me in.

Too make a long story short, between the IT department – customer service – and me, we finally figured it out and I logged in about 11:45 AM [Chicago time]. Of course, as can be seen by the chart, we missed a profit day via the algorithm.

Am I angry? Am I sad? Just how am I doing?

“Hey, stuff happens; just deal with it and move on; no need to attach emotion to an event that is random in nature. As it was, it made no difference if I had internet service or not, because I still wouldn’t have been able to get into the PAMM account to trade in a timely manner.

Back in the day when I commuted into Chicago to the exchange, there were some days a commuter train would get in an accident and be delayed 2 or 3 hours while they got the wreckage off the tracks. We’d sit somewhere in the suburbs and wait, and wait and wait some more. A somewhat painful reminder that sometimes in life things outside your control do happen. Just deal with it and move on.

We came into the day in “buy mode” and looking back at the day’s action, there were 2 pretty good signals to get long that would have produced profits. We move on to next week as Asia gets back to work. So, no gains today as the trading gremlins paid a visit and prevented us from trading.

Have a good weekend everyone!

-vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment